- Use stable, widely used technologies, don’t let hype convince you (in a month from now there will be some newer, better framework/database/etc). Look for libraries/frameworks with great adoption and large open source following and support.
- Don’t jump straight into coding – think and plan before.
- Convention over configuration and strict rules for every team member to follow from Day 1.
- Unit and Integration Tests for all features.
- Code Reviews and Gitflow.
- If you’re using SQL databases like or – remember to design the tables in a good way (indexes, foreign keys) – data inconsistency is the biggest problem of large applications.
Check out our CTO as a service offering to design your product development strategy.